Robotics Inventions is serious about its rights to the commercial and marketing aspect of the company. Please see the legal information below.
Legal Guidelines :
Guidelines for Using RI Trademarks and Copyrights. These guidelines are for Robotics Inventions licensees, authorized resellers, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use RI's trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of RI trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a licensee of an RI trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. RI's trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using an RI trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that RI is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with RI's rights in the trademark, including challenging RI's use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any RI trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of an RI trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to RI. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please talk to your RI representative or send an e-mail to RI's Trademark Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authorized Use of RI Trademarks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only RI and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the RI Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. RI Authorized Resellers may use the RI Logo only as specified in their reseller agreement and the RI Corporate Identity Guidelines for Resellers and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with RI. For example: Authorized Reseller Authorized Value Added Reseller Authorized Service Provider Authorized Wholesaler
2. Compatibility: Developers may use RI word mark (but not the RI Logo or other RI-owned graphic symbol/logo) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced RI product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements.
a. The RI word mark is not part of the product name.
b. The RI word mark is used in a referential phrase such as "runs on," "for use with," "for," or "compatible with."
c. The RI word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
d. The product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced RI product.
e. The reference to RI does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with RI or RI products or services.
f. The use does not show RI or its products in a false or derogatory light.
3. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use an RI word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: XYZ CONFERENCE for RI A-Bot Users
b. The use reflects favorably on both RI and RI products or technology.
c. Your name and logo appear more prominent than the RI word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
d. The RI logo or any other RI-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from RI.
e. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by RI, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: "(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Robotics Inventions"
f. A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of RI's ownership of its trademark(s).
4. Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning an RI product or technology may use the appropriate RI word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
Use of RI Trademarks
1. Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, Robotics Inventions, A-bot, B-bot, Sprit RI trademark, including RI-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. RI Logo and RI-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the RI Logo or any other RI-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from RI, such as a reseller agreement.
3. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use an image of a real RI or other variation of the RI logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of an RI trademark for any purpose. For example: Not acceptable: RI Cart BotMart
4. Disparaging Manner: You may not use an RI trademark or any other RI-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use RI, or any other RI trademark, including RI-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply RI's affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
6. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing RI, or any other RI trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from RI.
7. RI's Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive RI packaging, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
8. Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate an RI slogan or tagline. For example: "Bot your future today"
9. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical RI trademark as a second level domain name. Not acceptable: "abotlight.com"
f. Your name is not confusingly similar to any trademark owned or used by RI. g. You acknowledge that RI is the sole owner of the RI Spirit trademark and that you will not interfere with RI's use alone or in combination with other words.
Rules for Proper Use of RI Trademarks
1. Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
2. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form. Correct: I bought two RI A-Bot robots. Not Correct: I bought two RI A-Bots.
3. An appropriate generic term must appear after the trademark the first time it appears in a printed piece, and as often as is reasonable after that. Suggested generic terms are provided in the RI Trademark List which is posted on the RI web site.
4. Always spell and capitalize RI's trademarks exactly as they are shown in the RI Trademark List. Do not shorten or abbreviate RI product names. Do not make up names that contain RI trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Distribution Within the United States Only
a. On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United States, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, (c)) the first time the RI trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
b. Refer to the RI Trademark List for the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right shoulder of the trademark (except the RI Logo, where the logo appears at the right foot).
c. Include an attribution of RI's ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication. Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of Robotics Inventions _________ and _______ are trademarks of Robotics Inventions
2. Distribution Outside the United States:
a. Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United States.
b. Use one of the following international credit notices: _________ is a trademark of Robotics Inventions, registered in the U.S. and other countries. _________ is a trademark of Robotics Inventions
Depictions of RI Products.
1. Endorsement or Sponsorship: RI does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of RI products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that RI endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
2. Compatibility: If you are a developer, you may show an image of an RI product in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the RI product or technology, provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. Your product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced RI product.
b. The image is an actual photograph of the genuine RI product and not an artist's rendering (Note: You must obtain express written permission from RI before using any photograph owned or licensed by RI).
c. The RI product is shown only in the best light, in a manner or context that reflects favorably on the RI products and on Robotics Inventions
d. The reference to RI does not create a sense of endorsement or sponsorship by, or other false association with, RI or RI products. For further information with respect to RI's copyrights, send an email to email@example.com.